Cork Airport (ORK)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
It is very straightforward to get to Cork International Airport (ORK) from any direction, owing to the good network of main roads. Kilkenny, Limerick, Sallybrook, Tipperary and Waterford are all within easy reach of the airport.
Prominent roads close to Cork Airport include Kinsale Road, which edges the eastern perimeter and heads in a north-south direction, running parallel to Bandon Road, to the west. On the northern side you will find the South Ring Road, which links Sarsfield Road and the City Link Road.
Directions to Cork International Airport (ORK) from the north:
Directions to Cork International Airport (ORK) from the south:
- From the north and Cork, head south along the N20 and the N27
- Take the L42 (R600) south and then follow the signs for the airport, which is on the right-hand side
Directions to Cork International Airport (ORK) from the east:
- From Kinsale Harbour and the south, take L42 (R600) north
- Continue north along the L242 and then turn left into the airport compound
Directions to Cork International Airport (ORK) from the west:
- Take the N25 and the N8 west from the Waterford region
- Bypass Cork on the N27 and head south
- Take the L42 south and then follow the signs for Cork Airport
- Take the N22 east towards Cork
- Head south at Fitzgerald Park for a few miles and follow the signs for the terminal
The city centre of Cork becomes fairly congested during morning and afternoon rush hours and holidays, making it advisable to bypass the city when approaching the airport from the north of Cork.
Cork Airport (ORK): Virtual Google Maps